Yamaha YSL 447G Trombone Review
Learning how to play the trombone is always a step by step process and gradually, you find yourself moving from a beginner player, to an intermediate one and ultimately to a professional player. If you are now an intermediate player, you will be happy to know that there area number of top quality trombones you can select. However, very few beat the Yamaha YSL 447G trombone.
The trombone is basically designed exclusively for intermediate players. It has a relatively long bore, offers quality and consistent sound as you would expect, and it’s really fun to play.
The Yamaha YSL-447G intermediate trombone gets a BIG 4.5 stars and makes our list of the best intermediate trombones.
The Yamaha YSL-447G intermediate trombone is a top end trombone and it comes with a number of interesting features. Here are some of the major features you should look out for:
- Features an 8.5” gold brass bell to deliver the best sound.
- The bore is relatively longer at .547” to give intermediate players the best tone generation.
- The build is very high end,sturdy and customized for an intermediate player.
- The trombone comes with a Yamaha 48 mouthpiece, a large mouth piece shank, and a case.
- The hand slide is made of chrome plated brass for smooth and easy movement.
- The trombone is also durable and very resistant to wear and tear.
- The resonance is impeccable and the overall sound is very vibrant.
- Key: Bb
- Lead pipe: Fixed
- Bell Material: Gold brass
- Hand slide Material: Brass outer, chrome-plated outer
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 48
Yamaha YSL 447G Trombone Overview
Best Trombone on a Tight Budget
It is evident that the Yamaha YSL-447G Intermediate Trombone is one of the best trombones you can get on a tight budget. The bore has been improved, the bell is better, and the hand slide stronger. Besides, you also get the Yamaha 48 mouth piece and a case for easy movement and storage. The trombone is actually one of the best and perhaps even the most affordable intermediate trombone in the market.
Quality Playing Experience
It is a great intermediate trombone that offers high quality tone generation, a consistent and vibrant resonance, and an overall quality playing experience for anyone. Whether you are looking for an intermediate trombone for practice or for live band performances, there is so much the Yamaha YSL-447G Intermediate Trombone can offer you as an intermediate player.
- The sound quality is very good.
- The 547” bore is purely designed for an intermediate player to generate the best tone.
- The 8.5” bell simply ensures that the ultimate sound quality.
- The design is customized exclusively to suit an intermediate player.
- It is strong, durable, fun to play, and easy to hold.
- You would expect a better mouthpiece for the trombone.
‘’Great for classical and jazz due to the bore size. Nice and rich tone. I love it.’’
Nice instrument for advanced players....
‘’Very nice instrument. My teenage son loves it.’’
The Yamaha YSL-447G Intermediate Trombone definitely offers more positives than negatives. Although there are other better intermediate trombones out there, they are relatively expensive for the ordinary college or high school level intermediate player. So there is a lot of value the trombone offers. The tone and the overall design is generally good. The trombone is also fun to play, it is very strong, and can also be used by anyone with basic skills.
Based on the customized design and overall quality, the Yamaha YSL 447G trombone gets a BIG 4.5 stars.